Friday, August 31, 2007

The Tale of Two Printers

As some of you might know, I have currently two printers. Both which drives me crazy (maybe not that much w/o the existance of Mr. HP).

Problem 1: Printer HP's language turns out to be Chinese instead of ENGRISH.

I don't mind Chinese characters but I mind them a lot on the computer, since I am so used to the English interface. I will have a hard time interpreting what shit they are talking in Chinese.

I have no idea why it turns out to be Chinese anyway. Some of the software I installed are like that, but some are very nice for they come with this 'Select Language' feature, so not much of a problem.

And never mind the Chinese characters, sometimes my computer couldn't understand the words and give me things like '??? ??????? ? ???'. YES, the question marks. To add on to my already questionmark-filled brain.


Problem 2: Printer HP will not scan.

For god knows reason, this printer will not scan. And I dunno the reason cos as mentioned before, the error message was in question marks and I don't understand that kind of alien language. (Which is why I have to bring in my old Epson printer for scanning jobs instead.)


Problem 3: Printer HP is the one doing the printing when I assigned Epson to do it.

I think it's got to do with the default printer setting, but when I set Epson to be the default but wanted HP to do the printing (don't ask me why, I have my own reasons), Epson will do it instead. And even more strangely, though the print menu says this printer will be printing this document, sometimes it will end up the other printer doing the job instead. This is more for printing document from the net.

Like lucky draw huh? You never know where it will comes out.


After all these fiasco I decided I shall switch back to [though reluctantly] Epson after HP has exhausted its ink supply. Somebody has somehow repair it for me and it seems to be working fine. But I'd prefer a Cannon next time (I never had a good time with Epson printers either; looks like I have no affinity with printers heh.)

No comments: