It is good to finally be able to use my desktop again! :))) Even though the laptop has been great and works just like any desktop, it can be quite a nightmare too. The screen's too small, the keyboard is small, I have to use my wireless mouse most of the time, and not to mention it is very electrical consuming and troublesome because I have to pluck in my adapter all the time [so as to not rely on the battery].
But still, I owe a lot to my laptop when my desktop is down. It alllows me to be still connected to the internet, and I can research on how I can fix my desktop, ask for help, and keep me entertained etc. Without it, I can't get anything done. People nowadays really cannot live without the computer!
Not sure why my desktop has been giving me a lot of problems lately. And it just gave me the worst problems which nearly kills me while trying to fix it. When trying to replace the missing/corrupted file [which caused this time's problem] with the windows cd failed, my mom's friend advise me to format my hard disk [the compaq recovery cd failed me too x(]. I ended up format my drive twice. And even though my computer is super fast than before, a lot of essential windows settings/files seemed to be missing- don't understand why because I installed it with a genuine windows xp cd.
First, I cannot install the thing to enable my computer to read chinese characters. It kept prompting me to insert a cd when I remember I don't need it the last time. Then Jack told me one of my folders which contains my language files are missing. And I keep cannot find the file it needs when I pluck in Suresh's dvd. But in the end, I managed to resolve it by searching the disc thoroughly.
Then I had problems installing the java virtual machine [or whatever its called] which can read java embedded sites. Twice it restart my computer without finish installing it, telling me there is some sort of weirdo error. But somehow, in the end, I managed to install it successfully.
And during one of the restarts my windows theme was suddenly changed. Instead of the usual blue windows start menu and toolbars, it looked like those outdated square-ish silver bars from windows 98. And when I checked with my laptop, I realize one of the options under the appearance tab in the display properties is missing. I was like OMG WHAT IS GOING ON AGAIN. Thank goodness I was able to find a site where other people also had the same problem for the solution [just copy and paste the same file from another computer- again helped by my laptop]. It seemed that the file responsible for the theme might be corrupted by some spyware or what, though I am not sure if I got it cause I usually just delete all the things which I thought to be cookies when my spyware remover searches my computer for them.
Now I am still manually installing my programs back, but I’m still lacking the audio driver which is erased during the formatting [and the recovery cd won’t work, somehow]. Now there is no sound at all coming out except the annoying beep sound issuing from my cpu for alerts. I CAN’T LSITEN TO MY MUSIC OR WATCH VIDEOS. =’((( Wish me luck with finding the correct driver… (and hope that the computer won’t give me any more problems, I can’t take it anymore)
P.S.: Many thanks Suresh for helping out with my tech problems. Sorry to keep bombarding you with questions, but I was desperate lah. Oh, and your windows dvd. =))
No comments:
Post a Comment