HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Tonn-ed at Anne's place yesterday. Had a simple zi cha dinner, did some shopping at the neighbourhood supermarket then go
End up me ($500+) and Ant are the poorest (< $1000). The lucky bao zhu po got a hefty $3000+ thanks to our contribution.
Then got ready for countdown. Had a quarter small mug of red wine, my first. =.= I remembered I had like 10ml wine mixed with lots of sparkling juice at Mr. Chai's (pri school teacher) a few years back and still tasted really bitter (think is the alcohol % higher), but this not counted as it is not purely wine lah. This time was less bitter than I expected, but still I don't think I really like it?
Maybe because I only had that tiny amount of red wine, I didn't feel anything different after that. Everybody else got a bit of 'feeling'.
After countdown played mahjong with Ant's mama with Joanne watching. Bet amount was bubble tea from 2 losers to 2 winners lol. I still very noob at it... The other 3 won but I didn't until Ant's bro came home and save my losses lol. Got a man tai and collected $6.40 back to minimise my losses... And thanks to this I am in the top 2.
Though in the end all it is all for bubble tea only. >< (This is also the FSP -- Frequently Said Phrase -- throughout the game.) Val and Joan ps us by saying not coming after quite late. After mahjong is nothing-ness without them and I think it is the worst stayover for everyone else's ears. Caught an early train back with the girls and reached home 6am+; my mom thought got thief. =.=
*****
Slept through the morning and afternoon and had dinner with Uncles and Aunts at the restaurant in JE central. Nice and reasonable priced. ^^
A tiny fiasco though. My dad meant to treat this meal de, then dunno how the bill got delivered to my youngest uncle there (who just got back from Canada for holiday). My dad insisted he should be the one paying and stuffed his card to the waitress. Then uncle got up and continue to 'fight' (what a scene to other cust...) with dad over payment at the counter. Looks like uncle is winning. Then uncle came back.
VERDICT: Dad won. (What a twist?) Because uncle cannot find his card. Realised later it was with aunt since their last purchase.
LOL.
Then went to walk walk at the new Telok Blangah bridge there. Very nice night scenery. The bridge is even taller than the trees (those very tall ones) loh. And I was surprised by my camera. At the screen everything seemed to be dark and black, but after pressing down the shutter it auto captured everything nicely with suitable brightness and contrast in it...
Photos for both events next time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment