Wednesday, February 10, 2010

As much as I quite dislike and frustrated with the use of Joomla with my FYP, a content management system software, it's nonetheless a pretty impressive piece of work produced by the developing team. My experience wasn't very good with it, largely due to lack of support and documentation. Therefore, it (just) occur to me that I should probably start a place for beginners/noobs like me.

Though there are many sites that provide tutorials, I am thinking of making it slightly different by providing tutorials on the selected extensions (add-on features) of Joomla as well since it makes a big part for those who create a website with it (and where I run into most of the problems).

Hope I will really have the drive to make it happen! My idea is as follows:

To create a free Joomla! tutorial site powered with step-by-step (with pictures) guides to use Joomla! and its (selected) extensions. The explanation is to be as layman as possible.

Users can:
  • Submit their own guides (and published by admins if they deemed suitable)
  • Submit tips and tricks for using Joomla!
  • Submit useful site links and resources
  • Exchange ideas and pointers in forum
Basically not for profit. Extra revenue can be gained through advertisements. Donations may be accepted.

PS: This is also for my project I stated in #12 of Tentative Plans/Activities to Undertake after Exams

No comments: